Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer + Songs

5 Songs I'm listening to right now:

1) Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me).
I'm loving his fur-collard jacket. I also can't tell if I find him repulsive or broodingly sexy.




2) Foster The People. Pumped Up Kicks.
Creepy. Catchy. Cool.



3) Bruce Springsteen. Atlantic City.
If I could marry any man in the world, living or dead, it would be Bruce. What a Boss.
(The Band's cover of this is really good too)




4) The Airborne Toxic Event. Changing.
I saw these guys earlier this summer in Austin at Stubbs. GREAT show. My personal fave by them will always be "Sometime Around Midnight" but this one's not quite as depressing/angsty. I also have a very large girl-crush on the violinist/keyboardist/tambourinist.




5) Lissie. Bad Romance (Cover).
I'm on a Lissie kick right now. She's too cool.
( I love how she looks like she's about to fall asleep at the beginning of the video. Her singing looks like yawning ha ha.)




Oh look! You get a bonus song.
+6) The Whitest Boy Alive. Burning.
Perfect if you're in that summer zone-out mood.



That was fun. I think I'll make a habit of this.


1 comment:

  1. I loooove Bruce as well but I have to say, I actually like The Band's cover of that song better (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eZwpHtcK4). I guess I'm just a fan of the folksy, more upbeat aspect of it. And that last song I definitely thought was an XX song at the beginning , not sure which one though

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...