Monday, June 6, 2011

Railroad + Revival


On April 26, Austin had a performance unlike any other. It as part of the Railroad Revival Tour, and the concept of it is too spectacular not to write about. Mumford & Sons, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, and Old Crow Medicine Show put on a show together and traveled across the American Southwest exclusively in vintage rail cars. HOW COOL IS THAT? The Railroad Revival Tour played at 6 locations and I'm kicking myself in the head for the fact that I was not in town for the Austin show. Luckily for me, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros played at my university at the end of term, so I at least got to experience a third of this epic show. (They were fabulous by the way.)

But honestly, just close your eyes and try to imagine that terrific threesome playing a show. On railroad tracks. It;s just so fitting as they all seem to share this kind of 19th century vibe. well Edward Sharpe is more 60's/ 70's but hey.

Old Crow Medicine Show
Mumford & Sons
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

images via Fill Your Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...