Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ACL + 2011



WELCOME. I think it only right to choose the topic of Austin City Limits as my inaugural post, since the 2011 line-up was posted the same day Glitterature was created. This blog will be a collection of all things I love. Mostly things related to fashion and clothes, but also interior design, music and travel. Occasionally food.

Headliners for ACL: Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, Coldplay and Kanye West. All great performers. I saw Kanye this past April at Lollapalooza in Chile, and while a somewhat apathetic performer, he puts on a good show. And I enjoy his red leather and gold chains.

Coldplay performed at ACL 2005 and it was spectacular.

Arcade Fire is ingenious. Check out their song "We Used to Wait" for a taste of them.
However I'm equally excited for Fleet Foxes, Ray Lamontagne, Old Crow Medicine Show, Airborne Toxic Event, Chiddy Bang and countless others. And as always, discovering new bands is what ACL is all about. Hopefully this will be enough to drag my friends away from WILD at Wash U to accompany me.


My only question: Where is Mumford and Sons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...