Saturday, October 6, 2012

Kinetic + Rain

Whilst in the Singapore Changi Airport over the summer (AMAZING airport. It has won over 390 awards since opening in 1981 including Best International Transit award this year. Anywho, I digress) I saw, from afar, the most magical art installation piece I've ever laid eyes upon. From where I was standing, it seemed as though hundreds of little silver droplets (608 to be exact) were not only floating midair, but fluidly moving and changing shapes from one poetic form to another. Truly breathtaking. Obviously it's all done with programmed wires, but the effect from afar is tremendous. It's titled "Kinetic Rain" and was created by ART+COM for Terminal 1. 

Check out the video below to get a glimpse of what I'm talking about.
And if you're ever in Singapore, don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...